Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 49)

The only comment I can make is...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Jan 16th, 2019 - 6:05 am In Reply to: Advice requested from others with their own accounts - re: File storage, email, etc.

that I did not "store" the client's work/data. It is my belief that once the client has the data, it's their responsibility to do backups on their own system. Once the work was completed, billed, and paid for, I eliminated it from my system. In that way, I was not responsible for searching for reports that they "lost," which if you do, you should charge for. If you decide you want to do storage, you should charge a separate fee and have an agreement about how long data is stored by you and what you charge for retrieval of said data, e.g. per item, per hour for large data loss retrievals, etc. I did not want that responsibility so it was written in my contract that I would not "store" anything for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)