Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Exactly - SM

Posted: Dec 4th, 2018 - 5:53 pm In Reply to: Most definitely! - sm

The only way we are ever going to see an increase in wages in this industry is if there is a significant shortage of experienced MTs due to many leaving the profession as a direct result of the increasingly insulting pay that these companies think they can get away with. What ever happened to compensating people fairly for their expertise??? I swear, you could make more working at Target or Wal-Mart than working for some of these companies that I see advertising lately. In fact, I was just at Target on Saturday and they had a sign on the door that they were hiring and they start basic store associates off at $12.50 per hour with a raise after 90 days. You'd be lucky to make that much at some of these MT jobs offering 3 and 4 cpl for speech wreck editing. I am very fortunate to have a great IC position that pays very well, but I always worry about what I'll do if anything ever happens to my job. We as a profession really need to put our foot down and stop accepting these ridiculously low pay rates! Our skills, experience, and knowledge are worth SO much more. It is nothing but a huge slap in the face to all of us hard working, knowledgeable, and experienced MTs. I firmly believe that all MTs should be able to easily earn AT LEAST $20 per hour.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)