Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Thank You - see msg

Posted: Nov 20th, 2018 - 7:42 pm In Reply to: QA - sm

I have left MT completely, but I was QA for many, many years. Thank you so much.

Most of what I got was nasty responses from MTs who didn't want to learn. There were times I changed a comma or other punctuation, but rarely had to mark it down. Yet, they never owned up to the fact that they typed castration instead of catherization. Excuse me??? And you're bit**ing at me because of a comma that you didn't get marked down for?

There seems to be a generation of nothing about owning up, just blaming. And, of course, their supervisors babied them and I got called to the table.

Anyway, it got so bad that I got out of MT completely. There was no winning.

So, thanks so much for appreciating feedback. I always appreciated feedback as a newbie and an oldie. You truly never stop learning in this profession, if you allow it to happen.

Granted, there are QA people who don't have a clue---how did they get that job? But many of us really knew what we were doing and got nothing but flack.

So, bye-bye QA/MT forever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • QA - sm (Views: 934, 2018-11-17, 9:11 pm)
    • They can be - a big, big help (Views: 891, 2018-11-18, 12:09 am)
    • Thank You - see msg
      • Thank you - sm (Views: 297, 2018-11-21, 6:33 pm)
        • To Both - Thank Yous (Views: 357, 2018-11-22, 9:30 am)