Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 36)

Previous Nuance employees - MTME2013

Posted: Oct 22nd, 2018 - 3:27 pm

I just wanted to pass on some info - I just received a letter from the unemployment commission about the Trade Act of 1974, Reauthorization 2015, which is a program of Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) to provide assistance to individuals who become unemployed as a result of increased foreign competition.  The Department of Commerce Divsion of Worforce Solutions administers the services of the Trade Act program.  The US Dept of Labor has certified Nuance employees to apply for the TAA program.  Services include reemployment services, job search allowances, relocation allowances if a new job requires you to move, payment of tuition, books and fees if you enroll in approved training (2-year program was what I was told), income support payments through Unemployment Insurance or Trade Adjustment Assistance (TRA), and payment of a wage subsidy through Reemployment Trade Adjustment Assistance (RTAA) program for workers 50 years or older.  Smile

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)