Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

How many other jobs do we know of where you live with - day to day fear of being fired over one mistake.

Posted: Oct 22nd, 2018 - 2:36 pm

One small mistake.  That's all it would take.  On the whim of the QA person or account manager.  Any day.  Any moment.   Over a comma or a demographic.  Doesn't matter.  Client and their styles changed day to day, but you better keep up with the changes as they happen,  even if you didnt get the email. 

Doctor or dictator's mistake,  or anyone else's mistake (no matter how scatter headed they are while dictating)  and we're held responsible for it in the long run.   Criticized for leaving a blank when we cant figure out what to do with it, criticized for sending it to QA (and we're told we should be able to figure it out),  criticized for leaving it wrong  (even though it's what they dictated),  practically criticized for even frigging typing it.  Criticized for a mistake while trying to make 99.5% quality with the crappiest dictators and maintain production quotas, even without enough work to do.

No warning.  No explanation.  No notice that you made a mistake and need to correct it.

All of a sudden done.

Then more MTSOs crawling into bed with Nuance VDI and forcing that disaster of a contract on their people who want to keep a job.   I bet the MTSOs dont sign a contract like that,  I bet they dont take all the blame and responsibility. 

I need to work a lot harder to get the H out of MT work altogether.   So fed up with all of it. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)