Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 42)

They do give you deadlines - for each module

Posted: Oct 14th, 2018 - 5:17 pm In Reply to: Thanks! - OP

When I started the first module - it's been a couple of years now - they had deadlines every couple of chapters. The second and third modules just had a deadline for when you needed to complete the module itself. They had suggested times on the syllabus of how long each chapter/section should take, so I went through the syllabus and marked each one of those suggestions down on the calendar. I think they have now adopted that for the first module as well. If you need an extension of that deadline for any reason, they are very good about granting it and working with you on it.

The assignments are pretty straight forward. In the first module there is a medical terminology book and you have to do exercises/tests from that book. The first module focuses on ICD coding and the school has worked up exercises and tests on their own that you can download/print to work on. The tests are all done online. The second module focuses more on CPT coding and I think there was also a book that had to do with health insurance/billing, etc., which quite frankly bored the crap out of me so I read it long enough to retain it for the test and then wiped it out of my brain.

The third module focuses more on putting the ICD and CPT together and you have a lot of practice exercises in the text book to work on. The only thing I had an issue with that aspect is I didn't think we had enough practice exercises for some sections. Some of the ICD sections can get very complicated like the musculoskeletal section or the external cause codes or the injury codes. More practice on those would have been nice but the text book they send is the one without the answers, so we were limited to the answers that the school provided.

Andrews also has a forum on their website that the students can go to and the instructors do participate in that. I got some good info from the forums that I would have had to wait a couple of days for if I had sent a query to the instructor through the school. That takes several days because you send the question to the student coordinator, they forward it to the instructor, the instructor answers it and sends it back to the student coordinator, and the coordinator sends you the answer. I'm sure there's a good reason for why they do it that way, but it was a PITA sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)