Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Crazy factors - Long time MT

Posted: Oct 9th, 2018 - 3:14 pm In Reply to: It was crazy and one of the factors in my - leaving

I agree with what you said about leaving as you can't do a good job any longer. I felt the same way. I used to be able to do this job and never had that many problems, then along came, M*Modal (never worked for Nuance) and it all changed. VR came into play, ESLs out the wazoo and NJA to boot. Client profiles that were cumbersome and slowed us down, all IC status, and the list goes on.

I really stressed about it, but after realizing that all of these companies are the same, with demands that can hardly be met, 99% to 99.5% accuracy, when you are dealing with garbage, free work for demographics, cc's, and never any weekend or evening or overnight differential, I had to get out too.

I realized, like you, my heart and mind were no longer in this job. How could they be, with such low pay, no hope of getting a raise; you want more money, work more. Sit at a computer 7 days a week practically, all day and all evening long for what, maybe $10 an hour? No thanks.

It is horrible and I applaud any MT who can still do this and actually care about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)