Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

So I found this interesting, no doubt Nuance - would make the same arguments as IBM

Posted: Sep 23rd, 2018 - 8:39 am

But I have to think most of us fired were over 40 - but, well, most of us were fired.  I have no idea how many are left or will be after the final cut, but what Nuance have done in effect is transfer their transcription business to contractors. 

Adding the middleman is great for them, no need to worry about benefits, minimum wage requirements, etc., but at pay that was already very low considering the automatic pay cuts delivered by FIESA and being forced to do a variety of new accounts all the time, working as IC now pays even less.

The link below is about a lawsuit being filed against IBM claiming their firing practices were age discriminatory in that most were over 40.

LINK/URL: IBM Is Being Sued for Age Discrimination After Firing Thousands

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)