Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 58)

Anyone interested in a solution? - Cheryl

Posted: Sep 19th, 2018 - 2:12 am In Reply to: PennHealth Mgt - PennHealth Mgt

And thank you for tuning into another episode of "Transcription Delusion Syndrome."

The problem as I see it is PennHealth doesn't pay enough to make buying a dedicated computer feasible for the MT. I know for a fact that maintaining a dedicated computer can be written into contract; however, that's a tall order for someone who is making very little money.

MTs: If what they're offering doesn't appeal to you, say thank you, and walk away.

Now to the nuts and bolts. Can you use something as simple as a Chrome Box for DVI? You can get on of those for $100 to $150.

Maybe rather than everybody getting so angry at each other, you could figure out a solution. First, PennHealth should apologize for calling hard working MTs childish.

When MTs get paid what could be considered the equivalent of a child's allowance, they may become a tad irrational.

And MTs should probably at least recognize that PennHealth Management person had the guts to enter into a dialogue.

PennHealth could be real heroes if they offered their MTs computers. If they are unwilling to do that, they could at least offer some sort of program where an MT could pay a nominal fee, say $10 a month, to lease one from the company.

In a normal job where people are paid a living wage, I would say the contractor should buy his or her own computer, but when the pay rate is so low, it is a reach to require that people buy specific equipment -- especially when the contracts are one-sided with no guaranteed lines, etc.

With all due respect, I think the work atmosphere as it is now sounds pretty toxic.

I hope you all work it out.

P.S. The first MTSO to pay editors 8 cpl for editing can take over the entire industry. You would be amazed how hard these editors would work. The right sales force could sell it to the healthcare facilities. MTSOs get 16 cpl. Lots of profit margin so nobody gets nickled and dimed. Then everybody can stop being so guarded and sleazy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)