Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Do you know you can request someone - in USA?

Posted: Sep 10th, 2018 - 11:08 pm In Reply to: Comcast considering bringing jobs back from overseas? - That is what I was told by a service rep anyway

This "trend" started several years ago of bringing call centers back here for several companies. The problem is that none of them seem to know what they are doing when it comes to Comcast, Dish, Direct, etc. I believe they look in training manuals to tell you what to do, American or foreign. It's not so much where they are, it's more what they know. Of course I would like to see more jobs come back, but when I have a problem, I don't really care where they are, I just want them to know what they're doing. When someone with an Indian accent says hello, my name is Phil, I ask them what their real name is. They tell me Phil and I tell them it is a shame that a company would make them use an American sounding name. I personally think it is degrading to the person to have to use a name that isn't theirs. Another thing, it's not their fault companies offshore jobs and they are doing just what we are, trying to earn a paycheck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)