Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

DO NOT turn in PTO for NJA if filing partial unemployment - Izopen

Posted: Sep 10th, 2018 - 12:15 pm In Reply to: Apply for unemployment with your state. - Working poor

as it will only hurt your unemployment claim AND cause delays in any claim weeks where you have turned in PTO on your time sheets and gotten paid for it or will get paid for it. Any PTO you have on any of your weekly claims must be submitted to the Unemployment Office manually or via phone call because there is no place online to submit that information. You cannot just enter it in as part of your gross wages, because when they verify gross earnings with MMODAL, and if they say you were paid X amount of dollars in PTO and you have not claimed that to the Unemployment Office separately, they can delay or deny your claims further and/or even charge you with fraud. It is easier to just not use any of your PTO for down time unless you absolutely have to, in order to make up for some lost wages, because even if you call and correctly claim it to the Unemployment Office, it will still DELAY your claim for that week that the PTO was submitted. This is because they have to file a form with MMODAL to verify this PTO and to decide if they can deduct it from your earnings or not, and that can take up to 10 days before they are required to get back to the Unemployment Office. I know this firsthand so trust me when I say, if you can avoid using any PTO, do so, because it will only cause headaches and delays in your weekly claim. It is confusing to explain, and you can call and ask for explanation to your Unemployment Office, and some will be helpful and explain it well, and sometimes you get someone who does not really know any more than you do. I forget the name of the form now, but there is more paperwork and time involved when you are also reporting PTO time on an unemployment claim, which all has to be handled separately and does cause delays up to 10 additional days for that week's claim to be processed and a check sent out or money be directly deposited into your bank account.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)