Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 61)

Which job to take - Cheryl

Posted: Aug 20th, 2018 - 9:48 am In Reply to: Good to know - April06

I work on Fluency for Transcription (it has the MModal speech engine). My institution requires that we do a lot with our notes (import text from PowerChart, etc.), so we get slowed down a little bit. I can edit between 150 to 250 lines with nearly 100% QA scores. Other folks I work with have edited up to 400 lines with about 99% QA scores. I work by the hour and my production meets the standard, so I don't rush. If I pushed it I might be able to make 300, but I don't think it would be humanly possible for me to get anything near 400. I would consider my dictators and the speech that comes in as very good.

I start missing stuff if I edit much above 250.

I think if possible you should try both jobs. If the speech drafts are good you can sometimes make more $$ even if the line rate is lower. And the converse is also true. Even a relatively high line rate won't deliver you from bad speech drafts. If the speech draft is good, a lower line rate isn't so bad sometimes.

I think that's one reason why it's hard for anyone to actually answer these questions because it "just depends" on lots of things.

Sorry I couldn't give you a clearer answer.

P.S. I like editing 100 times better than typing. I'm actually one of those rare people who make more money editing, even at half the rate, than typing. But I'm a relatively slow typist -- maybe about 50 wpm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)