Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

NJA for nearly entire shifts yes - Izopen

Posted: Aug 18th, 2018 - 11:44 am In Reply to: Is anyone getting work today at all? - NJA so far for me. (nm)

Yes. I can clock in and have no work at the start of my shift, and even nothing for the remainder of over 80 to 90% of my shift each day, and sometimes for my entire shift, and that is how it has been now for about a month. Supervisors are taking vacations and time off without letting anyone know. If you ask about NJA and ask where the work is they give you a run around and excuses. Anyone in their right mind would be just extremely naive to think they do not know the situation, and what is behind it all, and the company's plans for the future. They are just not letting us know about it. There is power in the masses and imagine if everyone just did not show up for work one day. Of course this may have had a better effect when we actually had more work. We will continue to get no respect and they will continue to do whatever they please to the masses as long as we allow it and take it. I am sick of it. I can't get out fast enough and I am definitely trying. I want to run so bad I could scream every day when I clock in and have absolutely nothing to do. I am tired of being strung along, tired of the crappy pay, tired of being abused in so many ways. I am sure many others are too. I am sick of sitting here entire shifts with nothing to do. They know all too well if we want money we have to either keep checking back and be basically on call, which we do not get paid for, or we go without money, unless we file for partial unemployment. Often when that happens, then they will give you just enough work and hours so you will make more than your weekly payout on unemployment and then you would not get it anyway. That is not always the case but it does happen. They are truly hoping to starve you out and force you to up and quit so they can avoid all the unemployment and get rid of people who they provide benefits for. They are already, yes, sending work out to subcontractors who hire IC's to do the work, for less pay and NO benefits. It is happening more and more, and many are right here in the States and not overseas. We need to wake up and be aware that there is no future with these mega monopolies, and unfortunately our former careers have been destroyed, at least in this situation. If you are lucky to find a private practice to work for take it and go back to the good old days of decent pay and decent benefits you can actually afford to use! If you look online for jobs now, all the in-house MT jobs that are coming back in-house start out paying 18 to 21.00 or more an hour, what we used to make 25+ years ago. BUT, that is so much better pay than pennies per line we currently get (if we have work) and being docked for this and that, and barely making a tad more than minimum wage. Right now we are not even making that with no work. None of us can go long-term like this and they know it. They know they have the upper hand here and there is not a lot we can do about it, other than file for partial unemployment while we try to get a decent job, because most of us, even if we want to, cannot just up and quit. I WISH we could! Right now I am pretty much ready I think to just do something mindless and mundane, as far away from this scenario as possible, where I can clock in and out and actually let the person in charge of payroll do their freakin job by actually doing the payroll and time cards. How nice it would be to clock in, work, be left alone, clock out and go home for the day with no worries, no audits, no crap, no wondering how you are going to rob Peter to pay Paul. I know when I feel like this my one foot is already out the door, because I no longer trust anyone above me. I no longer really believe what my supervisor tells me to be truth. I do believe they are purposefully not telling us many things so we cannot plan accordingly. My heart is not in this anymore, and if I am honest with myself, it has not been for a long time now. I did not choose to work for this company and I never would have. I came with a merge. It sucks. There is so much crap we have to wade through each day to try to make a buck. My hip waders are no longer keeping me dry. I am drowning in all the muck and crap and I really want someone to save me, and I pray to GOD that HE can take us all to a better job and better pay and benefits and maybe even one we could still do from home, because I don't know about you, but who can afford or keep up with clothes or shoes or anything remotely close to proper attire now for a job in the outside world, unless jeans are acceptable or they provide a uniform. There is not enough money on our measly paychecks to allow for those luxuries. My stomach is in knots even though I do believe things will be better one day, but for me (and I am sure all of you) that ONE DAY cannot come soon enough!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)