Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 58)

Sound Quality - Cheryl

Posted: Aug 14th, 2018 - 3:27 am In Reply to: Keep a copy of that e-mail just in case... - Yep. This business sucks

Me too (sound quality)! I did QA for SoftScript, and I couldn't hear anything the MT couldn't hear. I talked with my manager, and she told me just to fill in what made sense to me. I put my notice in the next day. This was a while ago. I remember the pay wasn't bad, but I just wasn't able to do the job they hired me for because the sound was so bad.

As for cherry picking, that never ends well. Clients always end up asking how come work is coming back out of order. I work at a facility these days where all the work is pretty easy to understand, but my coworkers (fellow MTs) reject jobs they don't like, oftentimes because the doc has a foreign-sounding surname. Nine times out of ten the doc has no foreign accent (probably second or third generation American). I never got in the habit of rejecting jobs. I always figured that the more experience I get the better. That's pretty much why to this day I can do pretty much whatever comes my way (that is if I can hear it).

A while back I accidentally received an e-mail from my PM (former employer) giving directions on how work should be distributed to an offshore company. The really gross thing was is this was an organization that made a big deal about not offshoring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)