Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

It Is - Not

Posted: Aug 11th, 2018 - 7:01 am In Reply to: The resilience of MTs is amazing - sm

that MTs are resilient or "will put up with any abuse" these companies put out, or that it is not as bad as it seems. It IS as bad as it seems. You seem to not be able to grasp the idea that many, many of these MTs have been in the business for over 30+ years, are up in age well into their 60s and beyond, have worked from home all this time and have developed a type of agoraphobia from the isolation this job has given them. They truly fear working outside the home. Not to mention that this has been their lives for over half their lives and the unknown is frightening. They are trying to hold on the best they can until they can retire! Many are unable at all to work outside the home. Being of advanced age and having sat at their computers for over half their lives, they are no doubt deconditioned and unable, at best, to do anything truly physical. Not knowing the situations and circumstances these MTs have in their lives, I would not "assume" anything or that it is not "as bad as it sounds." These women are tired of the abuse more than anybody else, because they were here during the best of times and know what this profession has become, and hate it, but they know nothing else and fear what lies out there. I would not take it upon myself to judge why they are still MTs or why they "put up" with things. Please do not be so judgmental!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)