Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

We use Freshbooks for my DH & my stuff. - sm

Posted: Aug 9th, 2018 - 10:12 am In Reply to: IC bookkeeping software - Chelley

If you are not invoicing a client and just keeping track of expenses, you could probably do fine with a Google sheets (Googles version of an Excel spreadsheet).

If you are invoicing clients, Freshbooks is very good - I really like it as my husband's bookkeeping can get complicated around tax time. That said, I think even their most basic plan would be too much for your situation (2 clients and simple office expenses).

I would strongly recommend trying to avoid doing a free trial if you have no intention of sticking with a particular service. The account setup can be a bit involved (eg, connecting a bank account, setting up how your invoice looks, adding "products" like what you're being paid per line, etc). It is no fun to have to do that twice PLUS learn a new system. :)

Wave (https://www.waveapps.com/) is pretty good and is free for a basic plan. I have used it in the past but now keep track of my expenses in Freshbooks just to keep things simpler for me.

Best of luck to you!

LINK/URL: We use Freshbooks for my DH & my stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)