Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Personally, as someone who works for a large MTSO - this does not sound too bad

Posted: Jul 14th, 2018 - 9:11 am In Reply to: Patient First is a - Fiasco

I think when you are in any job the natural inclination is to dwell on annoying things that slow you down or dealing with bad personalities, but do you realize PF is like the only place now even offering a full time job as an employee?

I am full time but my MTSO is outsourcing the work to contractors and I have had to go on partial UE and pretty sure there will be a big layoff next week.

All the other jobs available are with contractors and the pay is terrible, no benefits, and the absolute worst thing for any MT work lately is that despite being forced to take the low pay and be self employed, they still don't have enough work to make it a full time job! Presumably this is because they cater to the all important TAT and so there is feast and famine and you are expected to work whenever they have work. So the working conditions for these "jobs" are really awful.

This industry is ridiculous, but if I were offered a job at PF I would take it and deal with whatever. It's a job, a real job, and despite what sounds like a lot of silly rules affecting productivity and whatnot, there are so few real jobs in this field anymore.

I would never say to consider yourself lucky, but if you look at what else is on offer there are extremely slim pickings. The only other place that seems to offer (though IC) full time work anymore is Australia, so that's where I'm looking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)