Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

ex-PFer - anon

Posted: Jul 13th, 2018 - 3:02 pm In Reply to: Work - PF

You are right, to a point, at least if your company wants to retain good employees.

I typed "their way" without problem. I moved to multiple home centers and territories without problem, having to learn all new docs and make new shortcuts and get back up to speed each time without question because that was where I was needed. However, when they make silly rules that even they can't explain and slow down your productivity and therefore your rate, I believe, as a good employee of many years, I should be able to respectfully approach management and ask why they are implementing these changes without being the recipient of cattiness and pissy attitudes in return.

My husband and I own three companies. There have to be rules from the employer that are strictly adhered to or safety or productivity will suffer, but at a well run company, you don't shoot yourself in the foot by causing a good long-term employee to quit by not being able to admit that a newly implemented rule, that you really can't explain a reason for, might be best repealed. At a well-managed company, you listen to employee input, not talk down to them and tell them its your way or the highway, at least when the economy is good, because they will choose the highway, which is exactly what I did.

I have noticed the change in the tone of the notes on here from the people that work at PF. There used to be a lot of positive notes, now I see mainly neg ones and only 1 or 2 people speaking up for them. Also seeing tons of notes from people trying to hire on and they aren't growing that fast, just sayn -

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)