Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Update - Former Transcriptionist

Posted: Jul 10th, 2018 - 7:58 pm

I posted back in March about being offered and accepting a call center job and then had second thoughts and withdrew my acceptance. I decided to hang in with the job I was on and keep looking.
In June I was offered a position I really DID want and I start next week. 
I'm a former long-time transcriptionist who tried hard to find a new place to settle in at my former long-time company when we were all outsourced a few years ago. Despite my best efforts, it didn't happen. I think a big part of it is the company itself has changed in ways where I was no longer comfortable there no matter where I was working. I had a good run and many are still happy there, but for me it was time to go.
I left in good standing and signed on with a different different company (still healthcare). I think it is a great choice in terms of the position, the people, the benefits, and most definitely the pay. 
While I still haven't recovered completely from the (second) outsourcing, this position will bring me closer to what I used to make. Nothing else has come close, and as an "older worker" still paying a mortgage, this is most encouraging. I am also very enthused over what they do and I am impressed by their dedication (I've met all but one of the team).
It's nice to have good news to share and I hope everyone here finds whatever is best for them. 
As always, best of luck to all of us!

I posted back in March about being offered and accepting a call center job and then had second thoughts and withdrew my acceptance. I decided to hang in with the job I was on and keep looking.

In June I was offered a position I really DID want and I start next week. I'm a former long-time transcriptionist (I've been out of transcription for about 4 years) who tried hard to find a new place to settle in at my former long-time company when we were all outsourced a few years ago. Despite my best efforts, it didn't happen. I think a big part of it is the company itself has changed in ways where I was no longer comfortable there no matter where I was working. I had a good run and many are still happy there, but for me it was time to go.

I left in good standing and signed on with a different different company (still healthcare). I think it is a great choice in terms of the position, the people, the benefits, and most definitely the pay. 

While I still haven't recovered completely from the (second) outsourcing, this position will bring me closer to what I used to make. Nothing else has come close, and as an "older worker" still paying a mortgage, this is most encouraging. I am also very enthused over what they do and I am impressed by their dedication (I've met all but one of the team).

It's nice to have good news to share and I hope everyone here finds whatever is best for them.

As always, best of luck to all of us. Smile

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Update - Former Transcriptionist (Views: 865, 2018-07-10, 7:58 pm)