Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Tech Help Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 63)

Wireless - SeasonedMT

Posted: Jun 1st, 2018 - 1:12 pm In Reply to: Broadband Wireless - MT30

Are you talking about a USB modem? If so, I have used one on occasion when storms have taken my FiOS down. I've never had any issues using it, but it's always been on a temporary basis. I use 75/75 FiOS and there was a definite difference in speed with the USB, but if you're accustomed to only 20 then you may not notice a significant difference, and may even find it faster. It's an option but you have to be cognizant that it runs off cell towers. You would need to check out the cell towers in your area, the strength of the signal, and the type of cell service available (3G, 4G, LTE). You would also need to buy an unlimited data plan dedicated to the modem so that you don't run into overage issues. As far as MTSOs allowing it? I really don't know the answer to that. My gut instinct is to say they probably wouldn't like it due to security issues, but as most of us are well aware not even N was totally secure. If a hacker wants in, they'll get in. Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)