Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Did you manage to sort this out, Nana? - it is very confusing

Posted: May 17th, 2018 - 7:51 am In Reply to: partial unemployment - Nana

Figuring out the methods your individual state uses to calculate partial UE. It seems (from link below) that South Carolina has the rule that you can earn up to 1/4 of your WBA (weekly benefit amount) before they start docking it.

Hopefully, you have had a determination of your weekly benefit amount (this is how they determine what you would get if you were entitled to full unemployment) and then if you earn more than 1/4 of that amount per SC partial UI rules that will reduce accordingly.

It's pretty bad that it's almost a disincentive to try to get hours. Some states allow you to get up to 50% before they dock you, not my state either.

I tend to just do the OOW protocol and then do not check back all day, try to keep myself busy applying for other jobs (unfortunately, I will only apply for employee jobs and they all hate states with high minimum wages, they obviously do not think we are worth even $10/hr anymore, so I tend to get rejected out of hand just because I am from a high minimum wage state).

I am in the process of seeing what benefits (if any) I can obtain from the TAA/TRA in terms of retraining, HCTC, and anything else. Unfortunately, it would be a lot better if they just laid me off, but I think Nuance is prepared to keep us on as employees and not provide us with work for an extended period of time. There oughta be a law against that, I think.

I refuse to "go with the contractors" or apply for any of these ripoff Nuance subs, mainly because I have no desire to do the same work for lower pay, no PTO, no benefits, no hope of even making minimum wage by all accounts, no guarantee of hours (still), and taking out my own taxes and SS. I may have to eventually, but I will exhaust all options before doing that.

LINK/URL: Did you manage to sort this out, Nana?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)