Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

An EME, I LIke That :) - EME-ing On a Regular Basis

Posted: May 7th, 2018 - 9:47 am In Reply to: I mean MTJobs...my early morning error. - nm

I think I'm going to have to use that, "Early Morning Error!" I love it!

I also really appreciate the camaraderie I find on this site. Especially as an IC for the past 20 years, MTStars gives me that sense of connection that might otherwise be really hard to find if not entirely nonexistent. Thanks to all my fellow MTs for that. It's nice not to feel so alone, especially in this industry.

I actually met an MT face to face by chance at a party last month, and we were both shocked an then proceeded to talk each other's ears off for a good hour or so, talking shop. She is a total anomaly in our profession: Paid around $30 per hour as an employee for a private doc. He pays 100% of her insurance, and when she chose coverage, he found her a better healthcare plan. She works only 9-5, often doesn't start until 11, and is paid whether she works or not. She also gets vacation and PTO. I mean, wow. We met for coffee after the party and she took my resume and testimonials just in case she hears of any other docs looking for an MT. The best part of her story is that she was the MT in a production-pay pool working for a clinic who agreed to take Dr. Everything-is-a-Stat when no one else would. When he left the clinic to start his own practice, he took her with him. I love that story, and while I'm envious of her situation, I'm really happy for her too. Her mother and sister are also MTs. Whenever her mother takes overflow for the MD, this MT insisted from the get-go that she be paid 14 cpl. Unfortunately, her sister is a single parent like myself who makes the same crap that most of us do. Ah well!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)