Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Rates/jobs available, etc. - Deb

Posted: May 6th, 2018 - 7:12 pm In Reply to: IC pay rates - Mamp98

I have found myself reading posts from others regarding rates of pay, the QA systems in place, the managers, the owners, the platforms used, the cons of being an IC regarding taxes, etc. I have even asked about platforms used (since I only have experience with 2-3 different ones over a long period of years).

I think, from what I've been reading, the MTSOs who are offering IC work are paying much the same rates. But, I have found it really does help when someone asks about their experience at particular companies. It's not to take work from those already employed in those companies. It's more about shared experiences, what one might reasonably expect in terms of management and being paid on time, and so on (for me, anyway).

Yes, everyone is different, and a fit for one may not be a fit for another. But truth is, being on UI, making a poor choice about applying, etc, if not the right fit, could be disastrous.

I imagine there are MTs still at MModal who are doing okay/well, and perhaps Nuance, too (don't know the answer to that one). And then, there are those of us for whom it didn't end well.

Truth is, it has gotten like Pinterest for me. There are so many ideas, I'm stymied and a bit paralyzed about what direction to take. It's like going to Hallmark for a birthday card...too many choices! LOL

Not a dig or slam against anyone. Just mentioning my own personal view.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)