Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Waiting for the ax to fall - I use it

Posted: Apr 14th, 2018 - 11:07 am In Reply to: I believe it! Just waiting for the ax to fall! - MTT

Instead of waiting for the ax to fall, why not create an exit plan now that prepares you for the inevitable instead of finding yourself unemployed and feeling pressure to take the first thing that comes your way. If you are an employee of a facility, start applying for internal positions, or maybe consider returning to school. Epic will change your life drastically and your days as an MT are probably numbered. My employer warned us well in advance and scheduled meetings preparing us for the change. In my situation it was really outsourcing and Dragon that were our downfall, not Epic itself. Anyway, we all had time to find other positions. Other jobs on the periphery will probably open up too, in QA editing or medical record analyst positions. If they outsource and offer you employment with the vendor they use, my advice would be not to follow that path. Also, there are worker re-training programs available through employment security and Job Source, it wouldn't hurt to check into that. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)