Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

It seems that many of them are Nuance offshoots - by which I mean contractors

Posted: Apr 14th, 2018 - 10:33 am In Reply to: LLC companies - ThinkingOutLoud

In name, anyway, but we are subtly being encouraged to "go" with the contractor who has been given our account/s and via this board noticing that many of them seem to have the same platforms as Nuance, we know they have our accounts, and now they are getting FIESA as well.

I wonder if they have a boilerplate agreement to protect the contractors legally and really are just starting up a bunch of mini Nuances that get to pay us less, with no need to provide any benefits as employees, or for that matter minimum wage.

I know for a fact if I took one of those jobs I would not make minimum wage in my state and would need to work more than 40 hours to make ends meet. I also know those IC jobs also seem to be short of work sometimes, so how would that be any improvement? It's not, it's definitely a downgrading even further of our job, just when we thought it had gotten the lowest of the low.

Cynical and insidious Nuance, taking advantage of the MT workforce in a really callous and calculating manner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)