Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Call Center Work? - Long Post

Posted: Mar 13th, 2018 - 9:37 am

Hi guys, I was a longtime transcriptionist who was outsourced and I've since worked in other areas of healthcare (same company) looking to find my new niche.I'm now wondering if it's time to exit this environment altogether, since the company I knew no longer exists.
Recently I interviewed with a health insurance company for a call center position. I worked in a call center once handling auto/property claims and it was tough handling claims while taking a ton of calls.
In this job, the calls would be the job (CSR) with calls ranging from people wanting to change their PCP to more serious issues (several weeks training provided and passing exams required).
I think I'm nuts to be considering this though I'd like the schedule--I'm one of those weirdos who enjoys both 2nd/3rd shifts and weekends (it's an after-hours position).
I'm an introvert who can be very outgoing, if that makes sense. I relish my down/quiet time at home but I can/do enjoy interaction. 
I think the big draw is this would be a "one-done-next!" type job instead of slogging through "cases" that are never done due to endless problems in a system that is so cumbersome and bogged down it is truly mind-numbing.
Thanks for reading; I appreciate any/all opinions and wish everyone here the best.

Hi guys, I was a longtime transcriptionist who was outsourced and I've since worked in other areas of healthcare (same company) looking to find my new niche. I'm now wondering if it's time to exit this environment altogether since the company I knew no longer exists.

Recently I interviewed with a health insurance company for a call center position. I worked in a call center once handling auto/property claims and it was tough handling claims while taking a ton of calls.

In this job, the calls would *be* the job (CSR) with calls ranging from people wanting to change their PCP to more serious issues (several weeks training provided and passing exams required).

I think I'm nuts to be considering this though I'd like the schedule--I'm one of those weirdos who enjoys both 2nd/3rd shifts and weekends (it's an after-hours position).

I'm an introvert who can be very outgoing, if that makes sense. I relish my down/quiet time at home but I can/do enjoy interaction. 

I think the big draw is this would be a "one-done-next!" type job instead of slogging through a queue of assignments that are never done due to ongoing problems in a system that is so cumbersome and confusing it is truly mind-numbing for all involved--and there are *way* too many people involved.

I have time invested here and yet I'm thinking it may be time to move on, shake things up a and go in a different direction. I'm in the "older worker" category but retirement is not in the cards for me, at least not for many more years.

Thanks for reading; I appreciate your time and feedback and wish everyone here the best.

This is a post and dash--I'll be back later. Have a good day, everybody.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)