Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 58)

What if everyone participates - Good luck

Posted: Feb 14th, 2018 - 8:05 pm In Reply to: What if everyone participates? Long one - Get Ready ... - nm

I think it would be awesome if people could get something like this organized and you are right, it is going to take more than being gone one day. You need representation though and until an actual union is formed they can fire you for being a no-show. In fact, in most states, an employer does not have to give a reason to terminate someone. The only thing is that there are people off shore willing to accept less and happy to have a job. The other thing is that this is not just the MTSOs, it is their clients, and to give you a wage increase and meet your other demands, they are going to have to charge the clients more, which probably isn't going to go over too well. I know you think this is all about you, but the services are probably hurting as well, I think they've probably lost clients due to all the changes with VR and electronic records, my facility is probably 90% Dragon now. We use 2 outsource companies but the volume is way down compared to what it was a year or two ago. I'm not defending what they do, but it's probably more complicated than you know. Someone suggested quitting. That might be a consideration because the workload is never going to return to what it once was due to technological advancements. Good luck regardless, it will be interesting to see what happens next.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)