Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Have you considered quitting and filing for unemployement and - TAA

Posted: Jan 12th, 2018 - 10:44 am In Reply to: NO! sitting here 2.5 hours so far!! - Concerned

There have been several posts from MTs at N and M claiming they have quit due to lack of work and have gotten full UE benefits. Also, Amphion/Imedx has an open TAA petitition. I wonder if you could get TAA while getting partial UE, I don't know. It really would not hurt to contact the TAA worker in your state and ask. Google TAA and your state name and see if you can find a contact that way. TAA does have a site through DOL maybe that lists contact info by state and a list of open petitions.

Below is copied from a thread I found here where someone asked if you could quit and get TAA. It outlines the process.

Quit.
File for unemployment immediately, spare no details, be very specific because these documents will come up at your TAA hearing; Money lost, below min wage, lack of contact with supervisors, lack of work to keep up with minimum line requirements, etc. Spare no detail.
Appeal if necessary.
Contact TAA coordinator at your UI office and arrange an appointment, government petition certification in hand.
File for TAA, even if they say you don't qualify.
Appeal (you will have to appeal).
Go to hearing with petition in hand, SEC filings pertinent to the Spheris and Cbay filings, etc.
In the meantime you will need to fill out a retraining proposal packet and the TAA counselor will show you how to fill that out. There is a timely filing requirement for the retraining packet you have to propose.
Your TAA counselor is neutral, so they can be contacted throughout the process for help in filling out paperwork.
Follow all UI job search requirements and filing requirements.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)