Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Word Help Board

Verbatim - SEWING-BIRD

Posted: Jan 6th, 2018 - 4:01 am In Reply to: I was being a smartA** as my post was clear to the point! - nm

I might be wrong, but I think the BOS says we should clean up the doc's dictation to our limited ability, i.e. using correct verbs, pronouns, punctuation, etc. When I started transcribing 35 years ago, there was no BOS and we did actually type verbatim. However, now we are being asked to clean up the doctor's text so that it sounds and/or reads correctly. The job I applied for before the one I have told me "they were not a school" and that I should "know the proper tense and punctuation, and basic use of the English language when I transcribe" and make those corrections in the dictation. That's not Verbatim! Frankly, I preferred it back in the '70's when I started out. Just my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)