Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 70)

Why I empathize with the North Korean people... - sm

Posted: Dec 30th, 2017 - 5:42 am

Interview I saw this morning:

Anchor:  The UN recently passed tough new sanctions on North Korea.  Do you think they'll affect the behavior of the NK regime?  Seems like sanctions haven't worked so farl.

Retired intelligence analyst:  The new sanctions could have a punishing effect on NK's economy, but the leadership won't suffer.  We've seen this before many times. The leaders just roll the economic misery downhill to the people, while they themselves continue to live in the style they're accustomed to, and fund the things that keep them in power such as the military, the secret police and their missile program.  

We're going on almost 30 years of sanctions, and the leadership continues to prosper while the people live in abject poverty.  Does Kim look like he's missed any meals?

------------------

Can't exactly say why, but for a second I wondered if I might have a double in some NK mud hut....

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)