Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: True!.. (Views: 30)

yeah, they're nice, all right...very nice. - I make 4 dollars some hours

Posted: Dec 27th, 2017 - 1:44 pm In Reply to: Doing IC on accts Nuance used to have - ss

I have been working for one of these Nuance transcription reject (report/reject) places for several months as well, as an IC. On the days I have an 8-ish hour 'shift,' I spend about 3 of those hours, averaging about 100-120 lines per hour, due to the horrendous dictators, incredibly difficult accents, terrible sound quality, extensive 'silences,' just unintelligible gibberish in general, and CCs to 8-10 doctors; yes, one physician routinely CCs to that many other doctors, many of whom are not 'in the system' and have to be looked up, separately, and are also misspelled by the doctor, if he does attempt to spell anything "for you," and so you need to figure out the correct spelling on your own--just in order to google it, and then once that's finally done, if you can find the right doctor (x 8 or 10), who exists anywhere in the US-- then you're finally ready to begin the 50-ish lined long dictation, now about 10-15 minutes into the thing, which is as marginal in quality as was the 'CC' preamble. So two of these doozies and there's an hour, ergo the $4.

There are some hours where I make about $8-10, so my average is about $7.00 per hour, IC.

Now, I just read the average American salary is over $53,000.

Being able to afford 'mother's-little-helpers' of any kind, if I were so inclined, for me, remains but a pipedream.

Glad you're happy, though, and 'helper'-free :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)