Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues


Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Server problem in Printer.. (Views: 36)

Report - to IRS

Posted: Dec 23rd, 2017 - 6:48 am In Reply to: Question about IC as an MT - MT26

so many of these companies label us as IC and then want everything as an employee but not have to pay taxes or benefits. Report them. An investigation will follow and if they are treating their IC workers like employees, they will be fined and made to pay back taxes they should have been taking out. I recently was contacted by DOL concerning someone I had worked briefly for over 3 years ago asking me all kinds of questions about scheduling, if working for other employers other than that one, etc. and they stated that they were seeking to find out if her contractors were truly IC or employee status. If you are concerned, then report them. You can do it anonymously.


Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)