Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I've analyzed the VBC vs pay-for-spaces question in the - thread on same topic below.

Posted: Dec 17th, 2017 - 7:49 pm In Reply to: Does Alpha Transcription pay for spaces: - Nicole

I used a random sample of a number of lines taken from reports I transcribe, taken from all sections of the report including lab sections.

The number of spaces per line can vary quite widely - a large sample and regression analysis would be necessary to nail down how much variance there is.

However, I feel pretty confident in saying that 5 cents paid on the basis of VBC (visible black characters) is about or perhaps a little better than 4 cents per line. My number came in at 4.33 cents equivalent to 5 based on proportionality of the definitions and assuming the number I got of an average of 10 blanks per 65 character line.

Hope this helps!

To ALPHA folks - it might be well worth your while to do a little analysis on this question yourself. It would help your recruiting if people are assured that they're not being ripped off by yet another different means of calculating the line rate.

Capiche?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)