Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Grace: My opinion - MT

Posted: Dec 8th, 2017 - 4:21 pm

I just have to air this. Thank you for listening. Some of you might not like it but it has to be said.  Some of you realize that Alliance Maine on Sunday will be part of M Modal.  Most MTs were struck unaware of this and were awakened the Friday after Thanksgiving with an e mail saying such.  The conference call was mainly to let everyone know of the transition. Now, there have been a lot of things said on this board but I'd like to state my opinion. I am self-supporting. I am not management in any way. I am a transcriptionist and I have children. I have been at this company for several years. I have transcribed for these hospitals and I have transcribed for the doctors. I know this work like the back of my hand. I also know the supervisors who I have dealt with day in and day out who have also dealt with me and my ups and downs. For better or for worse, this is the situation. Period. Tomorrow is the last day for this company.  Many of us cannot afford to go elsewhere as the wage will not be the same and will be a severe drop for us.  M Modal we know nothing about.  We can only find out for ourselves what happens. We hear rumors and stories, but for ourselves we do not know anything except that the doctors we type for and the facilities we type for stay the same for now. We are dealing with a lot of stress. Our families worry for us.  Please please please if people here could spare a little grace for our situation. Please stop being so NASTY. It doesn't help. It helps that we can talk to each other. But please don't kick us when we are down. As one poster said below many of us cannot afford to do anything but keep typing the doctors we know right now and keep paying our bills. There is nothing out there for most of us at the moment. So, please I am asking kindly, be kind. You don't know what kind of backbreaking hardships each and every one of us carry. Please lend some grace to us and stop telling us we are Screwed. We know we are in trouble. We are trying the best we can to keep our heads above water. Please give us dignity by not insulting us. Thanks for listening.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)