Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

You're pretty scr*wed on the insurance situation - rock and hard place

Posted: Dec 8th, 2017 - 9:07 am In Reply to: Forced slaughter/transition to this dive starts Sunday... - Hayseed

In order to qualify for marketplace plan, your employer has to offer a plan that is "not affordable" the definition of which is greater than 9.69 of your income. Since you really don't know what your income will be like at M*Modal (far less than you're making now I'm betting), you don't really know if (and can't prove) the MModal plan falls outside the defined affordable realm or not. So you're really between a rock and a hard place.

From my experience, marketplace plans with the subsidy are FAR SUPERIOR than any of the crap that is offered by these MTSOs. However, since my MTSO offers an "affordable" plan (even though I can't actually afford it), I'm stuck with opting into my employer's plan or being uninsured. It sucks. (I pay $242 for insurance that is basically useless, whereas a marketplace plan would be under $40 a month with great coverage.)

I really hate this for you guys. Having undergone a buyout/sellout in 2016, I can tell you, it is anything but pleasant. :(

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)