Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

It's completely ridiculous - MT

Posted: Dec 6th, 2017 - 11:34 am In Reply to: Company offering $.03 a line for editing - unbelievable

There's nothing more insulting to a seasoned MT than the rates of pay that these companies are currently offering. I saw one the other day that was 3 cpl for editing and 6 cpl for straight typing. Are you kidding me??? You'd be lucky to break minimum wage at those rates. I'm getting so sick of this industry and being blatantly taken advantage of and walked all over by these companies who want all these years of experience, but don't want to pay for it. It's literally nauseating. I haven't busted my behind for the past 17 years working as an MT building my skills and knowledge to be treated like this! It makes me so mad that there are so many MTs out there who actually take these jobs with these insulting rates of pay. That is what allows these companies to continue to get away with this. We need to have more respect for ourselves, put our foot down, and demand better!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)