Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 54)

Lots of other careers - not just coding

Posted: Dec 1st, 2017 - 8:05 pm In Reply to: Not going back to school at my age - LDSMT

I was always taught work smarter and not harder. Working for Mmodal is like running on a treadmill where they keep turning up the speed. You never quite get caught up to where you started no matter how fast you work. At my best I was making $30 plus an hour, when I left I was making less than $12. Some can be blamed on speech wreck, some can be blamed on Mmodal greed cutting ASR pay, taking away bonuses, NJA and basically just stagnant wages. The harder I worked, the more work types they threw at me and the less money I made. I ended up hoping for OT just to balance out the paycheck. Honestly, I just did not want to work that hard anymore just to maintain a wage that I felt was beneath me and the experience and knowledge I had. Kudos to you if you can maintain that focus and concentration for 8 hours a day and still make a decent wage. You are the exception, not the rule.

My kids are out of the house and I still have 20+ years to work. So I did go back to school and found a job where I do make more money and don't have to worry about inactive time or punching out for the bathroom or even NJA. I even get paid holidays.

MModal has a horrible way of making their employees feel that MT is all they can do and no one will ever hire them. So not true. The jobs are out there. No employer wants to hire millenials because they are not reliable. They want someone who will show up, do the job and do the job well. When you explain you work from home and have to have self-discipline to work on production they will be drooling over your work ethic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)