Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

My advice -- get out of MT. - FormerMT

Posted: Nov 30th, 2017 - 9:05 am In Reply to: I am scared - MT

I applaud and echo what the other poster wrote.

I would add that this may be your opportunity to get out of your comfort zone - we all have them, I was in one for years, spoiled and deluded about the "joys" of working from home - and do something else. However, IMO the sedentary job is not healthy and I did suffer consequences of that.

MT is a dying field so you will have to get out of it eventually anyway. Why wait until your age is a problem? (I almost got there.) You DO have transferrable skills from working as an MT. Use those as a bridge to transition into something else. Do you want to work directly with patients? If so, there is a high demand for clinical staff and that would be an easier transition for you than it would be for someone coming into it cold without the knowledge that you have. If not (I always knew I could never do clinical work), then try to find something medical that is nonclinical. Or take the plunge and do something entirely different. I am learning to be a horse trainer, something I have always wanted to do. Had I stayed in MT, just hanging on from month to month, I never would have made that move.

Hang in there, and good luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)