Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Be proactive instead of scared - sm

Posted: Nov 30th, 2017 - 8:45 am In Reply to: I am scared - MT

It sounds as though you are being forced as a result of a company buyout? This would be the perfect time to call/visit your local Displaced Workers Program. They may be able to help you consider your options and may point you to the "hidden" job market.

I don't know where you are, but the job market seems to be saturating. Our fast food jobs are starting at $1.50 more than minimum wage and offer benefits. Our state has a searchable web site that lists job openings. Many times you can search your city, county and state web sites for good jobs that still offer pensions. Hospitals have their own web sites for jobs. Private employment agencies seem desperate for temporary workers right now.

I am currently going to school. One of my instructors said that the residential senior living places sometimes hire med aides who distribute medications, etc., without doing direct patient care. You no doubt have a lot of knowledge regarding meds that would help you out. Many times these places are so desperate for help, they offer free training at convenient times.

Be brave and get out there and talk to people--you may find some great opportunities.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)