Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 63)

You'll probably be using Fluency - sm

Posted: Nov 29th, 2017 - 9:11 pm In Reply to: Had to transfer to MModal and I have question about my setup. - Hayseed

Although it's possible you'll be using other software, the majority of MModal employees uses MM's proprietary software, Fluency. They'll just give you the download link and you're good to go. In my experience, it's one of the better transcription softwares out there, although it does have some bugs.

They will probably also make you download LanDesk. This is not a good thing. If you do not you will get marked as noncompliant and they will harass you about it (they did for me).
This suite comes with Kaspersky, an antivirus, which can slow things down at times, and it also comes with their remote access tool so they can log in and fix your PC if something goes wrong. It will also gather stats on your machine. According to them, they only do it when you need help, but you never know.

If you can get a PC from MModal, I suggest doing so and using it only for work. Or, if you know any techies, have them create a virtual machine (an isolated computer within a computer; they'll know what I'm talking about) for you to work from. My husband is an IT guy and he created a virtual machine on my computer that he set up so I can access remotely and work from my laptop as long as my physical computer is turned on at home, and none of the LanDesk stuff can leak out of the VM into the physical machine. Okay, that is probably going overboard, but I just thought it was neat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)