Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

There is Hope ~ Suggestions - Been There

Posted: Nov 26th, 2017 - 12:47 pm In Reply to: Alliance - Dumped

File for unemployment online now. If you wait, those are days you will not be paid. They already don't pay for the first week.

Consider renting out a room in your house for about $500 a month. Check references before renting - very important.

Apply online for food stamps. At this point with zero income and only unemployment you should qualify. They give you a card to charge your groceries now. I had to do this in the late 70s and I got about twice the amount of food I normally buy.

Locate food bank(s) near you. Taken in proof of income with a note from EDD or an email terminating you. Also proof of residence in a piece of mail addressed to you.

Contact your utilities asking if there is assistance for those who can't pay their bills. Many will allow you to pay an average amount for gas or electric in the winter instead of the much higher bills. Also look at the cost of reinstating a utility if they do shut it off.

Use a job search engine like Monster or Indeed. You can set up email alerts for certain jobs and/or locations.

Hopefully these things will at least help you save your house!

Good luck to you, MT sister. So many of us have had to go through this and know how difficult it can be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)