Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 48)

All they want is the money - and you to quit out of frustration

Posted: Nov 23rd, 2017 - 4:47 pm In Reply to: Nuance QC% SCAM! - lls

This company sets you up to fail, and that is a prime example. Brand new no-blank account, knowing that that is going to relegate you to minimum wage for probably the next at least 3 months, if not 6 months, then steal your money anyway by cutting you no slack whatsoever when you have to send all those reports into QA and making you work for 3.5 cents a line! No matter how good your other so-called "metrics" may be! And then, of course, if you are in a high-minimum-wage state, threaten you with discharge if they have to continually pay make-up pay, for what essentially is their own destructive and morale-undermining policy.

I have come to the conclusion that the reason they are paying such low wages and having such so-called high (read: impossible) standards is so so they can either fire or get all us transcriptionists to quit, and then when and if the government comes after them (might happen with a democratic congress, but probably not the present one, asking why they are outsourcing all of their work to India), they can say "We cannot find any US transcriptionists to work for us."

WELL, DUH!!!! Quit your ugly pay, employment and time off practices (for us, while giving great time off to the rest of your employees) and your reputation wouldn't be so terrible. Quit setting us up to fail. Anyone else would fail, too.

Since you don't give a crap about the reputation you have in the transcription world, Nuance, at least among its workers, this is the only reasoning I can come up with. And by the way, what are your beloved hospitals, who either don't care what their reports look like or else all they care about is "cheap, cheap, cheap," going to do? Especially the ones who want their work done in the USA? I just cannot feature someone with English as a second language being able and/or capable of transcribing these reports, and being held to the standards/metrics that we are! In fact, I don't think they are!

I don't give a crap any more. I just hope I get fired so I can get unemployment. I can find anything else in my area, including being a courtesy clerk at the local Safeway Store, that pays more and won't fire me (or threaten it) for their having to pay me minimum wage. Raising the minimum wage is supposed to be a PAY RAISE for a low-paid worker. Nuance does not seem to comprehend that, or anything else that is decent, either. What goes around comes around. I hope I am around to see what finally DOES become of them and I hope it's being run out of business, never to surface again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)