Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Working for tiny companies. - MT

Posted: Nov 22nd, 2017 - 1:52 pm

My last gig was working for a small, mom-and-pop-type operation.  The lady has about 15 MTs working for her last I heard.  That job was the first I had had working for such a tiny company in a long, long time.

I hated it!  She was moody and obviously stretched entirely too thinly, with only one person who filled in when she took her (rather frequent) vacations.  So, guess what?  She took her frustrations out on us!!  If one person made a mistake, we all got reamed out for it. 

God forbid you deign to ask her a question (despite her standard email statement insisting that if you had any questions about a new policy, etc. feel free to ask).  It would be met with sighs of exasperation.  You could almost hear her rolling her eyes!  Then I switched to emailing her, and that wasn't much better.  Her rudeness was coming across in the emails.  I am not a dummy so those weren't "stupid" questions, either.  (Actually I believe that there are no "stupid" questions in a workplace setting.  Many times a new procedure or method sounds great/clear at first blush, but once you get into it and actually do it then questions arise.)

I used to own my own small MTSO and can't imagine not having open communication with my employees.  If you're supervising people and they are afraid or hesitant to ASK you something, the chances of them doing something wrong increase exponentially. 

Just my 0.02. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)