Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

POC - just a person

Posted: Nov 20th, 2017 - 12:11 pm In Reply to: What sense does it make to have 7 POC team - members standing over equal amount

I used to be in POC. We were overworked and underpaid, having to monitor so many accounts at once and fulfill so many duties that we had to have multiple computers and even then they crashed. We were treated like crap by a lot of the COMs, and at the same time many MLS and QC couldn’t stand us because they thought we did nothing, or that we worked and cherrypicked jobs (like we had time for that, we didn’t MLS or QC). We had to be accountable for every minute of our time and hand in a log at the end of the night proving what we did or didn’t do, and often received castigating e-mails over the slightest mistake or miss. It was no picnic. Then they changed management, went and laid off half the team at the beginning of the year, losing a lot of good people and promoted some kiss-azz know nothings to the top. I wasn’t at Nuance during or after the cyberattack but I'm guessing their duties have shrunk from losing so many accounts. From what I’ve heard, most of the good POC have left and the ones who are left have been poorly cross trained to cover all the platforms. Oh, and I hated contacting people over and over again about stats and such but that was required and we got in trouble if we failed to do it. The only good thing I can say about it was a steady paycheck, but the stress was unbelievable and the pay wasn’t that great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)