Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Laura, it's not the metrics, it's the account. - It is how pay is calculated.

Posted: Nov 19th, 2017 - 1:00 pm In Reply to: Employers without new metrics - laura

That 0 blanks is a huge problem. For the short term, call your manager and find out if there's a way to massage the system to get the official count down by reporting them differently.

The metrics can be great for building production. I actually really like them. Constant feedback, numbers just a bit higher to reach for next time. Quick feedback for dropping numbers.

But whatever you do, complain. Productively. I have. It's better but not okay yet, and they know I, and a bunch of other people, have to leave the field if they won't adjust the pay factors so we can stay.

And if they won't, if they're willing to lose fast, skilled, conscientious editors, maybe replace with the kind of idiot newbies who imagine they'll be able to make some pocket change while keeping the eye on the TV, that's a message.

A huge one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)