Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 35)

Wesley Reviews ad - CHMT2

Posted: Nov 18th, 2017 - 10:58 am In Reply to: That is $12 per inch of records reviewed, i.e. - a ream of paper or 250 PDF

I review medical records for a group of internists for $20-30/hour depending on the job, and a stat fee applies. Depending on the content, it could take several hours to thoroughly review an inch of records and write a detailed report. The person copying and scanning them probably makes $12/hour.
I also recall interviewing with a couple of psychiatrists once who wanted to pay $5 per report page--I laughed when they asked about my "typing speed." They then sent me 100 pages to review on spec to assess my "style." I thanked them for their interest, but told them that I was going to keep looking. Ridiculous.
Anyone taking this offer is setting themselves up to seriously get burned, especially a newbie. The minimum wage in California where this company is based is $10.50/hour--even that would be better. Steer clear.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)