Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Waiting to be laid off...Will not quit. - charleyhorse

Posted: Nov 16th, 2017 - 10:40 am

Two weeks ago my OM asked my team to fill out a specialty survey because our account was being given to another team (read: India/Pakistan, anywhere but US).  This was to give them an idea of where to put us since our work was going away.  I have no other backup accounts as this was a very busy account and never out of work. 

The account is now officially gone.  And I have been getting scraps of work late at night from my previous OM who has been throwing me a few STAT jobs here and there on another platform/accounts. 

I asked my OM this past weekend what the story was, and basically the response was that I would know when they know.  Capacity is looking at it.  Really?  So for 2 weeks there has been no movement on the placement of a handful of MLS? 

Of course I am assuming that I will be laid off, because they don't want to keep the MLS who have the most experience, credentials, regular pay on the grid, etc. when they can get someone halfway across the planet to do it for pennies on the dollar, if that.  What I
should assume at this point is that they are WAITING FOR ME TO QUIT. 

But I shall persevere.  Let them tell ME they are letting me go because I do my job too well.  I can't wait to hear it.  I have been working on a coding/billing course online for over a year but cannot seem to finish--because part of me doesn't want to stay in this field at all.  The overall lack of respect for those of us with decades of experience who add real value to patient care is just too much to take any longer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)