Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

answer - anon

Posted: Nov 14th, 2017 - 4:40 pm In Reply to: Well - SM

Unless you answered via email or posted your real name or something that would personally identify you, no.

Let's say you did - wouldn't they just fire you instead? I suppose some might play games but I imagine that would be a tiny fraction of the MTSOs, if any.

Everything below this is copied and pasted from the "posting guidelines" sticky at the top.

ALL POSTERS READ - YOUR IDENTITY ON MTSTARS

I have addressed this in the past and, due to the content on the board currently, I believe it would be in everyone's best interest to repeat it on occasion. Let's be perfectly clear about a few things on posting on MTStars and posting on any board. There are 3 topics here each of you need to read:

1. Your identity when posting on MTStars: Your identity is safe on MTStars, including your IP address, your email. Your IP address is not and will not be given out unless we receive a court order to do so. Even if you receive an email through this board, ONLY if you reply back to that email will your email address be revealed to that person. If you receive email through this board, the individual sending the email to you has read a post by you and is emailing you blindly - they have no idea who they are emailing.

Anyone making any suggestion whatsoever that your identity can be determined or verified or retrieved from MTStars through actions by MTStars (other than through a US court order) is libeling MTStars and just trying to panic all of you. It is a lie.

2. Exposing your identity on MTStars or any other forum: This is something YOU do. You do not have to list your name for others (individuals or companies) to recognize you. If you give enough information, it can be very apparent who is posting. So, you do need to be very aware of this. Especially if you are discussing details which tie you to a specific situation with a company - if you talk about it, that company probably will recognize who you are. This can happen on ANY forum - even private ones. Who reads this board? EVERYONE! Anyone can read it. Anyone can post here. Individuals, companies...everyone reads here. Do not think that your own company does not read this website to see what is posted about them. Even private boards (where you have to sign up to be a member and then log in to post) can only offer you so much protection. Anyone can become a member of a forum and then read all the posts. So, again, if you give out too much information you are giving away your identity.

3. Posting on other forums: I want to make sure that all posters here are aware of this situation: No other forum, including MTStars can guarantee you they will never reveal your information. Especially those that use free forum software and online applications to provide their boards (e.g., Proboards) as they don't even own their own board and domain! All posts belong to the company they are getting their free lease from! In any event, if a forum is hit with a court order, they will have to give up that information (and it can be given from the website host). So, do not believe any other individual who promises you such safety - it is limited anywhere. I just wanted you to be aware of it.

If you have questions about any of this, please email me.

Moderator (Cher):

cher@mtstars.com

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)