Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 71)

Well... - anon again

Posted: Nov 14th, 2017 - 2:27 pm In Reply to: Do you supervisors have to sign confidentiality agreements? - I wonder if that is why so few secrets SM

Can't speak for everyone, but yes, while employed I did have to sign. It wasn't really related to what you are asking though. I don't remember anything in writing that said "don't tell the MTs such and such" information. It was more about client info and proprietary things that could potentially be shared with competitive companies.

However, just like MTs have rules to follow (acct specs, BOS, etc.) so do supervisors and such. Those would be written rules. Let's say your supervisor asked you on the phone (yes, I did actually talk to MTs) to do 10 reports from a horrible dictator and she was putting them in your queue. That is an example of a verbal "rule" to follow. If you don't follow your rules, you have consequences.

In my case, I followed written rules - or enforced them, as expected. Over time, the "verbal" rules (given by higher-ups) got into a grey area. For me personally, I was unwilling to follow those unwritten rules. Since I was unwilling (and morally unable) to follow them, I had no choice but to leave. If I stayed and didn't follow them, I would have been terminated (my consequences).

Anyway, without knowing exactly which company and which particular things you are asking for, I can say this. Supervisors may or may not know where the work is, if there even is any. They may or may not know if the work is now being transitioned to contracted companies. An example might be one of the big companies. Maybe they are now (for various reasons) farming out the work to smaller MTSOs. Only the higher-ups really know. Sometimes they tell the supervisors, sometimes they don't. The less they tell the supervisors, the less the supervisors have to lie to the MT. And so when you ask your supervisor where the work is, that you had tons last week and now nothing, she may be entirely honest in saying she doesn't know. Or she may give a canned answer that she got from her manager. Believe me, she is just as frustrated as you are and she is trying to keep her job - just like you.

I think it is really easy to blame a supervisor. I would just caution you not to jump to conclusions. Yes, there are some REALLY awful supervisors, not just in transcription, but everywhere. They are on power trips. But during my career most have just been trying to do the best they can with the information and resources they are given.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)