Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 46)

For me, it was a no-brainer. I dropped to PT - ....see msg

Posted: Nov 13th, 2017 - 9:56 am In Reply to: Input please! Pros/cons of dropping to PT to save money on - insurance

a few years ago. When I was PT, I got laid off, still got unemployment. The only thing it might affect is the amount of unemployment you get, which is based on PREVIOUS earnings of up to a year before. So I happened to get lucky and got laid off at a point where I was working PT but still got FT unemployment, so for a while I was getting MORE than I was continuing to work PT. Alas, that ended after 6 mos.

I also did it to get a policy on the marketplace as well, exact same situation as yours. They don't question whether it was your decision to work PT or not. Goes by income.

Dropping to PT for me was the best thing I could have done for my sanity if not finances. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to survive on less income, but I surprised myself. I wasn't ever sure it would have been less as (as we know!) if the work just isn't there, might not make more. It just didn't make sense. I hope this helps you with your decision. If you have other income (husband or what not), I wouldn't think twice about going PT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)